As I mention during the show, the next time we do a franchise look-back, we’re scaling back. From our humble beginnings with Alien and Jurassic Park, we’ve grown to cover six films with the last look-back in Rocky, and now a whopping seven films (which could have potentially been nine had I not capped us at New Nightmare) with an in-depth look at the Elm Street series. In other words, don’t count on seeing Friday the 13th or the James Bond series being looked at anytime soon.
This time around, Nick, Dylan, Pat, Jason and first-time LAMBcaster Marc gathered to dissect Freddy Krueger in all his forms – his high points, low points, best and worst kills, place in horror history and, of course, just how terrible Freddy’s Dead is.
Note: please accept my apologies for my loud and nasty coughing that pops up a few times during the show. I muted myself so the show participants couldn’t hear it, but my mic still picked it up and I couldn’t edit it out.
Also on tap:
* Rants and Raves of the Week
* Name That Film Times Five
A few notes:
* The show can be found, of course, via iTunes – just do a search for “LAMBcast.” Also, I always post a link to the show on the LAMBcast’s Facebook page, and there’s a player there if you’d like to listen online. The direct RSS feed is: http://lambcast.podomatic.com/rss2.xml
* Shows will eventually make their way to the LAMBcast Archives. If you’d ever like to catch up on back episodes, go there.
* If you’re interested, you too can be a LAMBcaster – we love new blood! For more information on the LAMBcast, check out the topic at the LAMB Forums. Music provided royalty-free by Kevin MacLeod’s Incompetech website. Big thanks to Kevin for providing this service. Opening song by Cake. The LAMBcast loves feedback, too – if you’d like yours read on a future show, leave it in the comments section at the LAMB. Please visit and like our Facebook page, and finally, we’re on iTunes, and would still love a review, even if it’s a bad one.
Thanks for listening!