Is it a silly action flick with a quasi-serious message or a serious action flick made silly by two decades of aged cheese? Is it really from 1993 or is it the last 80s film? Is it live or is it Memorex? These questions and many, many more surround the 1993 Stallone and Snipes showdown Demolition Man, a film that deals with the pain of being aware of the passage of 40 years whilst being able to experience nothing but that pain…while also positing that a certain Yo quiero franchise “won the wars” and became the only restaurant known to the metro area that is San Angeles.
Jay Cluitt saw the potential for Demo Man to win the MOTM poll and promptly banged down every door in his virtual neighborhood, carrying the film to an easy win and its selection as the Movie of the Month.
Before we get to the links, here’s the IMDb summary for the film, for those that aren’t familiar with it:
“A cop is brought out of suspended animation in prison to pursue an old ultra-violent enemy who is loose in a nonviolent future society.”
Now, let’s see what your fellow LAMBs had to say about it. Thanks to the LAMBs that sent in their posts for this edition of the MOTM.
It’s also time to vote on next month’s movie. Once again, I put out the call for MOTM Champions. The gist is this: I ask for volunteers – people to select a film to be placed on the poll (up to 5 per month, as usual), then promote it on their site, Facebook, Twitter, whatever. Should their film win, they are guaranteed a spot on the LAMBcast episode where we will discuss said film. As a bonus (?), they will also get to host that segment of the show. This month, we have five potential Champions – the sites are listed along with the films in the poll below (and in the sidebar). You have one week to vote (and promote your movies!). I’ll be putting out the call for the next MOTM in a few weeks, so stay tuned.
Also on tap:
* Rants and Raves of the Week
* Name That Year Times Five…or not
A couple notes:
* The show can be found, of course, via iTunes – just do a search for “LAMBcast.” Also, I always post a link to the show on the LAMBcast’s Facebook page, and there’s a player there if you’d like to listen online.
* Shows will eventually make their way to the LAMBcast Archives. If you’d ever like to catch up on back episodes, go there.
* If you’re interested, you too can be a LAMBcaster – we love new blood! For more information on the LAMBcast, check out the topic at the LAMB Forums. Music provided royalty-free by Kevin MacLeod’s Incompetech website. Big thanks to Kevin for providing this service. Opening song by Cake. The LAMBcast loves feedback, too – if you’d like yours read on a future show, leave it in the comments section at the LAMB. Please visit and like our Facebook page, and finally, we’re on iTunes, and would still love a review, even if it’s a bad one.
Thanks for listening!