Hellloooo. It’s Shala from Life Between Films, your handy-dandy film festival contributor. This week kicks off the 2014 Tribeca Film Festival (TFF) in New York City! The festival is gearing up again to be heavy with special events outside of the regular film screenings including filmmaker/actor/industry panels, the Tribeca Drive-in, the Tribeca Family Street Festival, the Tribeca/ESPN Sports Day, and special film presentations. While you may not be able to get to NYC and attend Tribeca in person, there are a number of ways that you can experience the festival from home:
- Tribeca Online Film Festival: As in years past, the Tribeca Online Festival (TOF) will provide free streaming of Festival films. Eight titles including 4 features (Ice Poison, Ne Me Quitte Pas, True Son, Vara: A Blessing) and 4 short films (Love in the Time of March Madness, Parachute, Peepers, Scratch) will be accessible on tribecaonlinefestival.com. You can then vote for your favorite. The winners of the Best Online Awards receive special recognition at the TFF.
- Tribeca Film VOD: Starting April 16, Tribeca Film will release 3 great 2014 Festival films on VOD, thanks to Tribeca Film: Beneath the Harvest Sky, The Bachelor Weekend, and Bright Days Ahead. The titles will be available in the U.S. and Canada through all major cable video-on-demand providers, as well as iTunes, Amazon Watch Instantly, VUDU, Xbox, Google Play and YouTube until April 27.
- Tribeca NOW: Tribeca debuted program which discovers, highlights, and celebrates New Online Work from independent storytellers who choose to create and share their work in the online space. Visit tribecaonlinefestival.com/tribecanow to watch short films and web series from talent all around the country.
- Tribeca @ YouTube: Subscribe or at least browse through trailers and clips for TFF films past and present, daily festival highlights from TFF’s Tribeca Talks, Future of Film, and other panel series, and access select TFF films on Demand.
- Tribeca on Social Media. Stay connected to all the goings on in New York City through these social media platforms:
Twitter: @tribecafilmfest, @tribecafilm
I’m covering the first half of Tribeca again this year with the press, leaving for New York City in the next few days. Be sure to follow me on twitter (@shalathomas), instagram (shalalthomas), and right here on my tumblr blog (life-between-films.tumblr.com) for commentary and pictures from my personal experiences at film screenings, press parties, and special film panels.
If you are a Lamb and also attending TFF, please use #TribecaLAMBs so we can track everyone around New York City. If you see my around NYC, don’t hesitate to say hello!