**Editor’s Note: Submissions for this contest are due in by 6pm EST on Monday 22nd January 2018, but you must first register by 6pm EST on Sunday 21st January!**
Shane over at Film Actually is once again hosting his annual Oscar Nominations Contest, in which you can win prizes!
A new year has begun and that means it’s time for another edition of the Film Actually Oscar Contest! As always, I anticipate a fun, friendly competition as we compete for bragging rights (and prizes, of course) as the best predictor of the Oscar nominations. The top prize will once again be a $50 gift card (USD, or the equivalent in another currency) for the Amazon store of your choice (US, UK, Canada etc). In addition, there are other bonus prizes up for grabs (read below).
1. This contest is open to any interested bloggers.
2. To register: fill out the entry form here by 6PM US Eastern Time on January 21st, 2018: http://www.film-actually.com/search/label/Contest
3. To submit your predictions: send me (via twitter or email) a link to your blog post with your FINAL predictions. I will then save your predictions and enter them into my spreadsheet. Your predictions are due by 6PM US Eastern Time on January 22nd, 2018. Absolutely no changes to your predictions will be accepted after they have been submitted.
4. Here are the categories I need you to include:
BEST SUPPORTING ACTOR
BEST SUPPORTING ACTRESS
BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY
BEST ADAPTED SCREENPLAY
BEST FOREIGN LANGUAGE FILM
BEST PRODUCTION DESIGN
BEST SOUND MIXING
BEST SOUND EDITING
BEST COSTUME DESIGN
BEST ORIGINAL SCORE
BEST DOCUMENTARY FEATURE
BEST ANIMATED FEATURE
BEST VISUAL EFFECTS
BEST MAKEUP & HAIRSTYLING
BEST ORIGINAL SONG (name the song, not just the film)
Each correct prediction will earn you 1 point. However, in the Best Picture category, every wrong prediction will lose you 1 point. With the current rules for this category (anywhere between 5-10 nominees), this will force you to choose wisely!
1. The person with the highest score will receive a $50 online gift card (USD or the equivalent in another currency) for their relevant Amazon store (US, UK, Canada etc.).
2. In the event of a tie, the winner will be the person who scores highest in the Best Picture category. If there’s still a tie, we’ll go to Best Director and further down the list (in the order above) until the tie is broken. The loser of the tie will receive a DVD/Blu-ray of one of last year’s Best Picture nominees (your choice).
3. Anyone who is the only person to predict a particular nomination correctly will receive a DVD/Blu-ray of one of last year’s Best Picture nominees (your choice).
If you have something you’d like to plug or promote on the LAMB, get in touch!
Tags: Film Actually